How to get a good night’s sleep in a few easy steps.
In the last two weeks we have helped 60 new customers break their pattern of insomnia. By using a combination of one of our best selling products Sleepy Head Night Time Oil and the steps highlighted below too.
How common is Insomnia?
As many as 16 million adults in the U.K suffer with sleepless nights, 23% of all adults manage no more than 5 hours sleep a night.
If you fall into this category then here are some self help tips that will help you improve the quality of your sleep.
1 – Sleep schedule
This means waking up and going to sleep at the same time every day, including weekends. Continually changing the times you sleep and wake as well as the targeted hours spent asleep will lead you nowhere.
2 – Be active
Aim to complete your exercise about 3 hours before bedtime. This is because exercise ramps up your metabolism, raises your core temperature and promotes the release of cortisol, one of the hormones that increases your alertness.
3 – Light exposure
- Do expose yourself to bright sunlight as early in your day as possible. This will help regulate your biological sleep wiring and will also help wake you up more naturally.
- Do try to be outside during the day as much as possible.
- Do keep curtains open and let light into your habitat throughout the day
- Don’t take your phone to bed and scroll endlessly.
- Don’t put the lights on in the middle of the night if you need to get up for a bathroom break.
- Don’t sleep in a light room – try to remove as much light as possible from your sleep environment when you sleep.
- Don’t go to bed immediately after watching television or computer work – as with the mobile phone, the light emitted from screens suppresses the release of melatonin.
4 – Diet
The food and drink you consume throughout the day has a significant impact on the quality of your sleep.
- Limit stimulants – caffeine stays in the system for up to 12 hours, Limit alcohol, Go easy on the liquids before bed – a full bladder needs emptying sooner and reduce the amount of sugar and refined carbohydrates you consume throughout the day.
5 – Meditation
Follow a guided meditation, there’s one that I recorded on our MCC YouTube channel.
6 – Sleep environment
An optimised sleeping environment can be narrowed down to a small handful of qualities
- Well ventilated
- Reserved for sleep
7 – Apply Sleepy Head Night Time Oil as you are getting into bed, head, shoulders, clavicle, arms, wrists and believe it or not the soles of your feet are all fantastic places to apply for optimum results to help you drift off into a restful sleep
Our approach is positive and lifechanging and the stories shared by our members of our support group are remarkable, they have managed to take a few easy steps enabling them to make key changes.
We welcome over 200 new members a week to our support group. With the combination of using our M.C.C. products and with the help and guidance of ourselves and other members the results are incredible!
For a limited time orders over £65 qualify for free p&p making it the perfect time to begin your M.C.C. journey